Tuesday 7 May 2013

Legally Required

My son has started to look at universities and university courses. Cue parental comments on time passing so quickly - though certain things have not changed: every prospectus must apparently have a picture of students sitting/lying on the grass, just as they did in the late 18th century when I was a nervous sixth-former.

Which led me to think of other such tropes and covert legal requirements. A related item is the newspaper image on A level results day of three pretty girls jumping in the air.

One from my business-travel days is odder: every international flight I ever went on had a nun or a priest as a passenger. These days I wonder if they were air marshals in disguise.

And on the roads it is apparently illegal for BMWs to drive in the inside lane of any motorway.


No comments: